I’m sure you can find a lot of good traditional gun safes out there, but you definitely don’t want to miss out the benefits of the best biometric gun safe!
First, biometrics is a stellar technology! You open up the safe by simply scanning your fingerprints. I don’t know about you but I really think this technology is beneficial for emergency situations. Not everyone has the presence of mind to recall their gun safe passcode, especially if they haven’t used it in a long time!
And here’s the best part of it: you can use one hand to open the safe and use the other to call the cops. It saves a lot of time and time is definitely of the essence in emergency situations, right?
To make your work easier, we checked out some of the most reliable biometric gun safe to find the products that are worth buying.
- Best Biometric Gun Safe Reviews– These 5 Are Right On The Money!
- 1. Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe – Box That Gun Up!
- 2. Gunvault Microvault XL MVB1000 Gun Safe with Biometric Fingerprint
- 3. VS-25BM: An excellent Biometric fingerprint safety safe by Viking Security
- 4. BARSKA Mini Biometric Safe
- 5. Gun Vault GV1000S Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe – Biometric Fingerprint
- What to Consider When Buying a Biometric Gun Safe
- Pros of a Biometric Gun Safe
- How a Fingerprint Gun Safe Can Keep You Safe
- Cost of a Gun Safe Biometric
- Top Rated Biometric Gun Safes
Best Biometric Gun Safe Reviews– These 5 Are Right On The Money!
You don’t have to search high and low for biometric safe! I already did all the hard work and found these secure models that won the hearts of some of the most discriminating consumers:
1. Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe – Box That Gun Up!What it is: It’s a typical boxy gun safe made more advanced by its biometrics feature. There’s also a keypad at the top that you can use in case the fingerprint technology failed on you.
And as a third option, there’s a key slot at the far end of the box as well.
- Multiple opening options. The biometrics option is still the best. Scan your fingerprint and you are great to go! But it’s also nice to have backup options just to make sure you can still open it if the biometric feature didn’t deliver.
- This doesn’t even make a sound when you open it. That’s how quietly it works!
- This box is made from 12-gauge solid steel. Pretty indestructible, especially for inquisitive kids.
- The biometric system consumes a lot of battery life. Better have a spare battery all the time.
2. Gunvault Microvault XL MVB1000 Gun Safe with Biometric FingerprintOne of the most convenient features of the Gunvault Microvault XL MVB1000 gun safe is the multiple mounting systems.
One can mount the safe anywhere he wants like behind the door, under the desk or on the wall in both horizontal and vertical positions.
The drop down latch system of the gun safe is ideal if one likes to store gun in an easily accessible place. Safety is the prime concern in a place where there are guns and kids.
The unique and indigenous design of the gun safe will allow you to place the product in plain view without worrying that someone will recognize the item as designed for storing weapons. Thus,you can avoid unwanted attention.
It is a miniature version of five feet tall rifle case. The safe is battery operated for maximum security. The space provided is enough to secure one full-size handgun. With a drop down latch design, the safe can holster your gun securely for fast and discreet access.
Its FRR to FAR ratio is also quite decent. One can carry the safe with ease and provide extra security at home and work place. Equipped with the No-Eyes combination lock keypad, the safe adds simplicity and security for storing your gun. You will face no difficulty in accessing your gun even in darkness due to the presence of biometric scanner.
Powered by a 19 v battery this device has an efficient and powerful locking system. It has a fingerprint scanner and a biometric scanner. The lock cannot be opened by hand tools. Biometric scanner makes it equally efficient in the dark.
It uses figure print recognition, which works on a high speed algorithm for speedy identification. It is because of these features that it is ranked 67 among its rivals.
- Security and ease of accessibility are the prime factors of this product. One would not get stuck in a tight situation with it. Gunvault Microvault XL MVB1000 gun safe keeps it all in its mechanism. It serves all the ground level requirements of the user and also provides extra benefits.
- The biometric scanner has a lightning quick access. The scanner works with the same efficiency even under dark conditions. It cannot be opened by hand tools, thus ensuring security of the content inside the case. This is made possible by improving high potency lock mechanism and precise fitting.
- It’s a battery operated device and effortlessly portable. It uses finger print recognition, which works on a high speed algorithm for speedy identification. Moreover the ratio of false reject rate and false accept rate is also low.
- It works such that it adds a new minutiae to the fingerprint templates after every touch on it. This feature lowers the probability of false rejection report which makes it more reliable. It is because of these features that it is ranked 67 among its rivals.
- Everything seems picture perfect ,but there is a catch. The catch lies in their customer service. People consider it as the worst customer service provider.
- Several complaints are unanswered till date. If it is your bad luck and get stuck with it, you won’t be able to appreciate the case.
- The safe needs specific angle and pressure on the scanner. This proves to be a problem for some as it may not be useful under tight situations. This issue can be dealt with time, one can get used to things.
- More importantly the direction set is misleading. It confuses the user and frustrates him by be fire he gets it right. There isn’t any padding that keeps the pistol from sliding around inside and touching the metal walls.
Bottom Line: Gunvault Microvault XLMVB 1000 has gained a positive product review among its competitors.
- Read more about Best GunVault Gun Safes Review
The basic function of a guncase is to provide security as well as ease of accessibility and also to prove useful in tight situations. This product’s stylish design and exclusive features set it apart from others. Thus, with the help of design and features one can access the gun easily and discretely.
3. VS-25BM: An excellent Biometric fingerprint safety safe by Viking Security
This small safe utilizes the biometric fingerprint technology and perfectly fits into closet, vehicle trunk and locker easily.
Viking security safe offers a large collection of products which can meet all the needs of individuals. These are made with great innovation and uniqueness in order to offer the maximum protection for valuable of the user.
Basically, VS-25BM safe model has optical sensor along with biometric fingerprint for making sure the reliability, performance and unmatched accuracy. This product has totally replaced the conventional system of key locking with perfect utilization of fast sensing and excellent biometric reader made by Viking.
These are without a doubt touted as high rated and attractive safes obtainable in today’s market.
The manufacturer of this product targets to offer maximum protection to possessions as well as important records of the user. It possesses a responsive as well as fast fingerprint scanner which has ability to read the finger prints in a small period that amounts to less than one second.
Therefore, it is clear that VS-25BM safe assures fast fingerprint identification time. In case if the user forgets to do the battery change, it will die off without any loss of fingerprint information. There is one year warranty on limited terms and conditions.
- The optical sensor used can easily record to a maximum of hundred fingerprints. The main specialties are electronic and motorized driving, inner and outer parts that are powder coated two manual overdrive key structures that offer high security and much more.
- The simple process of operation and mounting makes people to use it without any trouble. Even little children can manage it easily. They are made tough as well as sturdy to survive the professional picking and prying. An average locksmith can never duplicate the keys and therefore user needn’t worry on the making of key copies and unauthorized openings. The price of this product is very reasonable and promises excellent storage capacity.
- Most of the users have appreciated the easy programming feature of this product and commend that there aren’t any problems while opening. The biometric readers used read with no errors. The solid construction promises great functionality and value. It is a wonderful security safe which opens easily all the time. It offers a safe experience on an overall basis with dependable and reliable performance.
- The dimension of the product is 9.8 inches x 13.8 inches x 9.9 inches. It weighs only twenty nine pounds. The safe walls, side construction with heavy gauge steel, motorized door that is powered well by four AA batteries, illumination of notification light to provide low battery indication, lock that is pry resistant, four predrilled holes on the model and steel mounting bolts, and more are notable features of this biometric safe made by Viking Security Safe.
- The four anchor holes supported with good steel bolts can perfectly lock it in right location where it is being put in. Normally, fingerprint locks can store only a maximum of thirty fingerprints, but this model VS-25BM can hold a hundred.
- A good finishing is provided to this model with coating of black powder to offer sleek appearance. This safe is in fact wall mounted and implements one powerful biometric scanner with large capacity.
- The safe is versatile with a good motorized door implementation. Mounting lit, predrilled holes and lock that is pry resistant makes the entire installation as well as mounting a very simple task.
- There is no assurance on the noise free and smooth operation of VS-25BM safe. It isn’t one that is appropriate for old individuals and people with moist, dusty or greasy hands. Therefore, for individuals who are searching for stealth, VS-25BM safe isn’t much a quiet product.
- Biometric safety safe that uses the fingerprint technology is a very famous burglary safe alternative obtainable now.
- It can be opted for business as well as home needs. The simplicity to open this safe is the common feature of biometric safes. This is therefore observed in Viking VS-25BM safe too. To open it just requires placement of finger on the specific reader pad of fingerprints.
Bottom Line: If you are looking for a perfect security safe with biometric technology, then this product Viking VS-25BM is the best choice. You may visit the link given here to attain more information on this wonderful biometric safe.
The exceptional low rate, good programming and lock reliability features are much appreciated by many users. This is undoubtedly the best biometric safe that can cater to your requirements.
If you are a gun owner, it is required that you store your weapon properly and safely and keep it out of reach of children and intruders and most importantly you protect it from theft.
So, if you are planning to buy a biometric safe, Barska has the utmost quality in optical components with biometrics technology thus offers you ultimate safety and security to your weapon.
Barska biometric gun safes provide access to users who are approved by the owner and these safes are able to store about 30 fingerprint identifications in each unit.
Biometric fingerprint technology of the safe provides you rapid and easy access even under taxing situations, and also in low light conditions.
The BarskaMini Biometric Safe is a beautiful piece of engineering by Barska Safes. Barska Mini Biometric Safe uses state-of-the-art fingerprint recognition technology for unlocking.
The kit also includes 2 keys to open the safe in case you face any difficulties with fingerprint recognition. The safe opens at the top and is thus especially suitable for hiding inside a desk or filing cabinet drawer thus ensures that it is out of sight from the intruders.
You will be able to easily fix the safe to the floor by using the fixing kit supplied with the kit. There is enough space inside the safe and thus it can be used as gun safe for a couple of small handguns.
The safe operates on 4 AA batteries which last almost for two years. The safe also has a protective floor mat and also provides you with emergency backup keys and also mounting hardware.
- The safe is built up of thick steel and thus provides you a solid structure to offer adequate safety and security for your valuables and guns.
- The optical fingerprint scanner if set up nicely, will function very well for a long period of time.
- The safe is sturdy and very well built and you will be enormously happy with the usefulness and security of this gun safe.
- BarskaMini safe is really compact in size and has a very rapid and quiet opening. The small size of the safe ensures that it can be hidden easily within the existing furniture of your house. Thus you can be assured that the small size of the safe will provide you the facility of hiding the safe wherever you want without intimidating the access.
- Though the safe is compact in size yet it is large enough to store a handgun in it and store it securely locked away. You would be satisfied with the size, security, and convenience in accessing it and would also recommend the safe to your family and friends.
- Barska Mini Biometric Safe is very easy to program and install. The fingerprint reader of the safe has been found to be really accurate in actual usage and will very rarely fail to recognize your fingerprints.
- Some people may feel that the outer dimensions of the safe are really large and the inner dimensions are small for their effective use The safe takes approximately three seconds to unlock if you are using the fingerprint reader in the safe.
- The interior of the safe is not padded and thus you may be a little concerned with providing adequate cushioning to your gun some people may find difficulty with fingerprint recognition and access the emergency key. However, you can make this work by registering your fingerprint at different angles in order to avoid misreading in emergency situations.
- The safe is neither fireproof nor waterproof thus you may have to compromise on the safety in case of accidents.
- When you intend to pick a safe for weapon storage, important features which you should consider are size, suitability, durability, protection, security, and ease of access for the user in difficult situations.
Bottom Line: Barska provides you an answer to all your needs with biometric fingerprint technology.
By just pressing with your finger you will be able to unlock the safe for rapid and easy access in case of an emergency.
Solid steel construction and 1/16″ body walls and 3/16″ doors along with 2 solid steel mechanical deadbolts make this Mini Biometric very safe and durable.
Plus, the safe comes with one year limited warranty. Thus BARSKA mini biometric safe will provide you with top rate quality, security, and ease of access to all its users. The compact size of the safe is very convenient to handle.
5. Gun Vault GV1000S Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe – Biometric FingerprintGunvault GV1000S Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe Standard gun safe has gained good reputation among its competitors.
The basic function of a gun case is to provide security as well as ease of accessibility in tight situations. Its stylish design and exclusive features set it apart from other safes.
This safe is battery operated for maximum security .It is quite spacious. With a drop down latch design, the safe can holster your gun securely for fast and discreet access. Its FRR to FAR ratio is also quite decent.
One can carry the safe with ease, which provides extra security at home and work place. Equipped with No-Eyes combination lock keypad, the safe adds simplicity and security for storing your gun.
You will face no difficulty in accessing your gun even in darkness due to the presence of biometric scanner.
It weighs around 9 pounds and makes it easily portable .It looks like a normal briefcase with electronic equipment attached to it.Its dimensions are 13*8.5*5.5.The battery design enhances security and efficiency of the case.
It’s a little heavy,but can be carried from one place to another with ease. It comes only in colour, black. It makes the safe look professional and stylish.
One of the most convenient features of Gun vault GV1000S Mini Vault Standard gun safe is the mounting system.
One can mount the safe anywhere he likes. It offers micro, mini, multi or bio vault for storing handgun. The drop down latch system of the gun safe is ideal if one likes to store gun in an easily accessible place.
The unique and indigenous design of the gun safe will allow you to place the product in plain view without any worry that someone will recognize the item as designed for storing weapons.
Powered by an 8 v battery this device has an efficient and powerful locking system. It has a fingerprint scanner and a biometric scanner. The lock cannot be opened by hand tools.Biometric scanner makes it equally efficient in the dark. It uses finger print recognition, which works on a high speed algorithm for speedy identification.
Moreover the ratio of false reject rate and false accept rate is also descent. It’ has self-reading algorithm ability. It adds a minute to the templates, every time a user touches the fingerprint scanner, thus lowering the chances of FRR.
Moreover, every time the safe opens, it will give an audio feedback. This audio note can be disabled during stealth operations. It is because of these features that it has over 12 million users.
What to Consider When Buying a Biometric Gun Safe
There are plenty of things to consider when buying a biometric gun safe. The minute you become a gun owner it is your responsibility to make sure that this gun will not fall into inappropriate hands.
If you are a proud owner of a gun collection, it’s needless to say that you have to take some precautions to protect your investment. The best way to do all these is by buying gun safe.
The market is flooded with all kind of brands, sizes, types and styles of safes, so it is best if you take some time choosing what will suit your needs best.
First, you need to think about how many guns you want to keep in the safe. There are smaller safes for just a couple of guns and big ones that look like giant cabinets where collectors can store many handguns and rifles.
One of the most important things to consider when buying is the price. If you are looking for a cheap and simple one, you may find it for $40-50 while the bigger and longer safes can be $100 and more. Of course the safes that come with all the additional accessories cost thousands of dollars.
- Read about Best Gun Safe UNDER 1000
The price determines another important factor and this is the purpose of the safe.
If you just want to keep your guns away from the children, a nice cheap metal safe will be good enough. If you primary concern is that your guns may fall into the hands of burglars, invest some extra money in a heavy gauge steel safe with additional locking bolts.
And if you are planning to use the safe to protect your expensive guns, make sure the safe you choose has a good fire rating and is equipped with humidifier.
Another important thing when choosing biometric safe for you is the warranty. Every brand offers different warranty and support so it is best to check that before deciding.
- Read more here Gun Safe Warranties Explained
Still confused which gun safe you should buy? read The basics of buying a gun safe
Pros of a Biometric Gun Safe
If you’re a responsible gun owner then you know the importance of keeping your firearms properly locked away and one of the best ways to do this is with a fingerprint access gun safe.
A biometric safe is one of the best ways to do this for several reasons.
- You control the access to the biometric safe. Whether you want yourself only to have access to the safe or whether you would also have other individuals to check it out as well.
- If you are involved in a dangerous situation it would be much better to have a biometric safe that just requires your finger print rather than going and finding your key which could put you or loved ones in harm’s way.
- Since biometric weapon storages had a history of being unreliable many manufacturers make it a point to have a back up key just in case of malfunction.
- Most biometric safes have felt interiors so you’re not in any danger of scratching up your gun. Many other safes usually have a plastic or metal interior that can put your gun in danger of getting scratched up.
- Read more: Biometric Gun Safe Locks vs. the Rest
A Biometric Safe and Finger Print Identity
Years ago when the first biometric weapon storage came out, it and many other different models simply did not do as advertised. In other words it could not read people’s finger prints which left many people frustrated because they had to break into a safe they already owned.
Now it’s much different.
For instance the Barska biometric weapon safe can hold up to 30 finger print identities and also uses the key backup system for anyone that must get in and does not have an authorized fingerprint. The safe is extremely compact so it would work best for owners who own a hand gun.
But as you read from customers that use this biometric weapon safe, it worked almost every time for the customers when it was supposed to.
This is now the standard of a good biometric gun safe.
How a Fingerprint Gun Safe Can Keep You Safe
So if there were a break in at your home what situation would you rather be in?
- A is without a biometric gun safe.
- B is with a biometric gun safe.
A: You’re trying to get your gun out of your safe but it’s late and very dark and you’re not exactly sure where you’ve put your keys. So now you’re creating more noise and then you finally find the keys to your safe but in an effort to be safe you keep the lights in your room turned off.
You’re forced to fumbling in the dark with the keys hoping you get it into the right position so you can finally have access to your gun.
Time: 90 seconds.
B: You go to your biometric weapon safe, put the assigned finger on the reader and you have instant access to your safe and all of its content.
Time: 10 seconds.
Now which situation would rather be in?
Another good biometric weapon safe to look at is the Gunvault MV500-STD for a couple of reasons.
- It has a stealth mode. As in when the biometric weapon safe opens up it doesn’t make any kind of beeping sound as many other gun safes do.
- This Gunvault biometric weapon safe also has a computer program that actually learns your fingerprint more and more as you use it. This means that even if you put your finger on it a different angle once the safe recognizes part of your unique fingerprint it will open up for you.
- It also has a low rejection rate that is even below industry standards for any biometric weapon storage.
Cost of a Gun Safe Biometric
When the first biometric gun storage came out the cost for it was in the hundreds of dollars and the unit itself was not exactly in great working condition.
Thankfully this has changed in many ways.
For one, the costs of a biometric weapon safe have gone down substantially. The ones mentioned here are between $100 to $300 on average.
Although one of the higher priced ones is the LockSAF biometric gun storage, for a little over $300 but it also is larger than many of the biometric gun storages out on the market and is one of the highest rated gun safes on Amazon.
It is also very strong because it is made of 9 gauge steel so any would be thief would have a hell of a time getting into this biometric weapon storage.
But otherwise you’ll find many best biometric gun safes have many different
A good safe necessary if you want to keep your firearms from curious or prying eyes that could cause harm to themselves or to others.
And a biometric gun safe is the best way to go for both efficiency and stealth when you want to get to the contents of your safe quickly and easily.
One of the other advantages of owning a biometric weapon storage is that many of them like the Gunvault MVB-500 (on sale at Amazon) are small enough now to be easily portable so you can move it to a safer spot or take it anywhere you want without having to worry about your gun being stolen.
So are you still missing out on the benefits of the best biometric gun safe?
Don’t be! They’re a little more expensive than your regular gun safe but for the benefits you can read in biometric gun safe, the price is worth it.
Start looking for the product that you can rely on for years and years!
- Best Gun Safe Reviews
- Best HandGun Safe
- Best FireProof Gun Safe Buyer’s Guide
- Best Gun Safe UNDER 1000
- Best Gun Safe Under 500
- Under Bed Gun Safe
- Car Gun Safe
- Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- Best Gun Safe Door Organizer
Top Rated Biometric Gun Safes
|1||SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe with...||1597 Reviews||$199.99 from $181.34||Buy on Amazon|
|2||AmazonBasics Deluxe Quick-Access Firearm...||59 Reviews||$104.49||Buy on Amazon|
|3||BILLCONCH Biometric Gun Safe, Smart...||105 Reviews||$189.99 $169.98||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Gunvault MicroVault XL MVB1000 gun safe...||266 Reviews||$329.99 $89.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||AmazonBasics Mounted Firearm Safety...||69 Reviews||$112.49||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2019-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.